Singapore Telecommunications Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides services and solutions in fixed, mobile and data communications, Internet, IT and consultancy, and satellite.
- Wireline services include cable-based and satellite-based fixed telecommunications network services, such as domestic and IDD services, leased lines, data communications, lease of satellite capacity, Inmarsat, and Internet services.
- Wireless services comprise mobile telecommunications services, such as cellular and paging services, and sale of handsets and pagers.
- Information technology and engineering services portfolio consists of information technology consultancy, systems integration, and engineering services.
- Other businesses include subscription television; technical and management consultancy services; ownership and chartering of barges; provision of storage facilities for submarine cables and related equipment; billing services; IT disaster recovery services; operation and maintenance of fibre optic network between Brisbane and Cairns; research and development of software; and managing and operating a call centre for telecommunications services.
SingTel also has extensive overseas investments in Mobile operators around Asia. These include Bharti Airtel of India and Telkomsel of Indonesia.
StarHub, Ltd., an info-communications company, provides a range of information, communications, and entertainment services over its fixed, cable, mobile, and Internet platforms for residential and commercial customers in Singapore.
- Mobile services include 3G that enables users to make video calls and 3.5G that offers broadband Internet access over mobile phone; mobile voice services; mobile data services, including video downloads, Web SMS, MMS animation and wallpapers, MMS retrieval centre, Disney mobile, mobile ESPN premiership, and themes, as well as call, MP3, and true tones; green prepaid card; and roaming services.
- Cable TV services comprise operation of news, movies, entertainment, sports, music, and education channels.
- Broadband services include mobile and home broadband access, as well as other Internet services; and fixed network services comprise voice, data, Internet, and wholesale services for businesses.
- StarHub offers online value-added services, such as online music portal; email and broadband content filtering service, family access network, and anti-virus email scan services; data/Web storage services; corporate portal and IP-VPN solutions; and content creation and development solutions.
MobileOne, Ltd. provides cellular mobile communications services in Singapore. It provides
- a range of mobile voice and data communications services over its 2G/3G/3.5G network.
- international call services to mobile and fixed line users; and wireless broadband Internet services to home, office, and mobile users.
- a range of mobile voice, nonvoice, and value-added services on its cellular network and as an operator.
In addition, it involves in the research and development of mobile telecommunications product and services, as well as provision of after sales support and customer services. MobileOne has a partnership with Vodafone to provide a range of wireless business products and solutions, as well as has a joint venture with PLDT (SG) Retail Service Pte, Ltd. to provide prepaid mobile services. The company was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Singapore, Singapore.
The following is a comparative financial analysis of the three companies:
As can be seen SingTel has the highest margins whereas Starhub has the highest profitability ratios. However, SingTel has contributions from associates above the EBITDA line, so this skews the results.
Leverage & Multiples:
SingTel has the strongest leverage ratios. However it is also the most expensive, compared to M1 which is the cheapest stock, and has the highest yield.